Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 4 - Brugge, Beligium

I wanted to go somewhere in Belgium while I was here and Corey recommended Brugge.  Train tickets were 80 euro round trip so we looked into a car.  I got one through AutoEuro for 60 USD.  That seemed like a great deal till we woke up this morning super hungover with no desire to do anything, but hey, we already paid for the car so we might as well get over it.  It was the kind of morning where I squeezed a closed tube of toothpaste and couldn't figure out for a solid 30 seconds why it wasn't working.  That kind of a morning.

Our hotel is directly in the airport so when we went downstairs we noticed no Thrifty rental car agency.  Of course our discount car was housed off airport.  We had to wait like 20 minutes for the shuttle and we're not happy Belgian campers.

We finally hit the road by the crack of noon and it took about 3 hours to get there.  It was so unbelievably beautiful.  I had to stop taking pictures because everything was so pretty.  It was probably my favorite thing / place I've been so far.  I am going to post all 382 pictures because how do you choose one?  

In Brugge we did all things we thought you should do in Belgium.  Ate cheese sandwiches, ate chocolate, ate waffles.  
















There was even blue skies!  Everything is better in sunlight!


I can't believe this whole tour boat photobombed us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment